We currently have two calls for papers – one for issue 9 and one for a special issue.
For the next issue of Impact, publishing in the summer term 2020, we are seeking papers focusing on school and classroom culture. Topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Teacher wellbeing and workload
- Mental health in schools – supporting teachers and pupils
- Approaches to managing behaviour
- Leadership in schools – developing leadership at all levels
- Professionalism, CPD and initial teacher education
A special issue of Impact will publish in June 2020, focusing on youth social action and character education. This issue is supported by the Pears #iWill Fund, a match fund created by Pears Foundation, the National Lottery Community Fund and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport to support the development of high-quality youth social action opportunities.
Topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Approaches in schools and the wider community – e.g. initiatives involving student councils, careers programmes, volunteering projects and parental engagement
- Youth social action and teaching – subjects, content and approaches
- Supporting learner achievement and progress – e.g. through co-curricular activities, outdoor learning, pupil voice
- Debates around character education – principles, purposes and pedagogy
Youth social action is the participation of school children in activities that help individuals, communities and the environment, and benefit the young people involved. Activities can include, but are not limited to: peer-mentoring, volunteering in the community, fundraising for charity, campaigning for worthwhile causes. Co-authored articles between teachers, organisations and youth programme providers are strongly encouraged.
How to submit
For both issues we encourage submissions across the full range of settings and phases, and welcome contributions from practitioners and researchers in special education.
If you wish to submit to issue 9 please send your proposed title and 150-250 word abstract using this form and note the following deadlines for submissions:
Abstract submissions deadline: 18th November
Notifications of accepted proposals sent to authors: 25th November
Full drafts submitted: 20th January
If you wish to submit to the special issue, please use this form and note the following deadlines:
Abstract submissions deadline: 2nd December
Notifications of accepted proposals sent to authors: 11th December
Full drafts submitted: 3rd February